Student Self Leadership for Champions
What Is a Champion?
A Student Self Leadership champion is a parent, teacher, coach, school administrator, community leader, or anyone who wants to be a positive influence on teenagers.
We recognize that the next generation thrives when they have strong adults supporting them. That’s why we created a course just for you.
We call it the Champion program because adults are students’ protectors, fighters, and supporters. We want to equip you with skills and knowledge to make you an effective champion.
“It takes a village to raise a child,” but who’s raising the village?
We understand how challenging it is to be responsible for the future of a student. Champions like you deserve an opportunity to support their students with tools that are straightforward, reliable, and easy to apply.
We offer all program registration at no cost through Blanchard Institute and Intrepid® by VitalSource. Enroll for free today!
Student Self Leadership for Champions teaches you how to:
Build Self-Reliant Students
Help students take responsibility for their own growth
Find the Right Balance
Be clear about your expectations while allowing students room to figure out their own aspirations
Have better conversations more often with the students in your life
Support Students’ Goals
Know when and how to provide your students with direction or support and when to step back
How do you know you need support as a Champion?
Maybe you want to assist students but don’t know how to provide the best kind of help
Maybe you have trouble communicating with teenagers
Maybe you want to develop your own inner leader
Maybe you want to help your superstar students excel in all aspects of their life
Maybe you feel friction with students about their goals and progress
Tools to support every student’s learning journey
Student Self Leadership for Champions will help you:
- Learn a common language to use with students to help them make progress faster
- Find out how to open up dialogue instead of shutting it down
- Identify the relationship between your identity and your students’ choices
- Avoid over- or under-supervising and over- or under-parenting
- Discover how to respond when a student says they want to quit
- Help your students apply the Self Leadership mindset and skillset
What to expect in the Champion program
Student Self Leadership for Champions is a four-week collaborative online course hosted on the Intrepid® platform. Blanchard’s Student Self Leadership experts facilitate five engaging 90-minute live sessions, which all participants should attend (recordings are available).
We offer two levels of online learning:
- A LITE version: Ideal for someone who wants to know the basics. Requires about 1 hour of weekly self-study.
- A PRO version: Ideal for anyone whose career involves influencing young people. Requires about 2 hours of weekly self-study.
You will have access to both versions in the same online learning environment. This way you can decide which version to complete once you begin the course, and you can switch versions at any time.
What you will take away
It’s true for students, and it’s true for champions—the benefits are endless! By completing our course, you’ll walk away with:
- Life-changing knowledge of Self Leadership concepts tailored to your role as a champion
- A digital credential—perfect for adding to social media, resumes, or online portfolios
- Interactive tools to help you plan how you’ll support students
- Coaching and leadership training from world-class learning and development experts
- Connections with other champions from around the globe
- The mindset and skillset to achieve success in your own life
What’s the cost?
We provide our Student Self Leadership programs to all participants at no cost.
What is a collaborative online?
What do you need?
You will need a computer, tablet, or a phone with access to the internet.
What is the time commitment?
The course lasts four weeks. Each week you should set aside about one to two hours for self-study time and 90 minutes to attend the virtual sessions. It’s about 10 to 14 hours total. Plus, there’s an optional 90-minute virtual session just for parents.
When are the virtual sessions?
Our weekly live CHAMPION sessions for adults are always on Thursdays. See the registration page for exact times.
Is attending the virtual sessions mandatory?
Either attending the live sessions or watching the session recordings is required to successfully complete the class.
How can you be successful in the course?
We recommend taking advantage of the bite-sized learning that’s easy to get through 5–10 minutes at a time. Fit it into your schedule.
Send us a direct message or reach out via email or phone, and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
Sign up for our upcoming programs today. Or share this opportunity with the students in your life!